Quality and Control
“Compass” is committed to working only with licensed companies from which it buys raw materials for its production. When the company guaranties the quality of the raw materials, it does its best to offer the best product.
The food products manufactured by “Compass” are made from filleted meat, and none of the ingredients used contain GMO.
“Compass” is certified in accordance with the following international standards:
IFS – International Food Standard
At the end of August 2009, "Compass" completed the process of certification under IFS with the highest result in meeting the criteria. Every year, "Compass" successfully passes the respective audits and renews the certificate. In 2009, “Compass” limited was granted a license by Veterinary and Phytosanitary Control and Inspection Federal Service of the Republic of Russia, of №13.11.09/2-04/655 for marketing and sales on the territory of Russia.
ISO 22000:2005 – Food safety management systems
- Continuous input and output control is exercised in the production facility of the company:
- Control of all raw materials – meat, spices, additives and packing material;
- Control of interim products and control of all stages of production;
- Control of the ready product.
Continuous production control is also exercised by:
- The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency, control exercised by the state, which includes – regular laboratory analysis and control of the hygiene in the production facility and of the manufactured products, inspections of the origin of raw materials, their storage, etc.
- The team responsible for the system of the principles of the system of hazard analysis and critical control points (НАССР), exercises control in the production facility of the company on a daily basis with regard to the hygiene in the facility, technological equipment, staff, regular analysis and control of raw materials, production environment, water, packing material and ready production. The self-control systems (the НАССР system) are in compliance with the requirements of the two international standards ISO 22000/2005 and IFS/2007, in accordance with which the company is certified.
The laboratory trials and analyses are performed in laboratories certified under ISO 17025. The process of sterilization /critical control point/ is controlled in the manufacturing process:
- Constant monitoring of temperature, time and pressure;
- The process of sterilization is controlled through F-effect and thermal tests of each batch.