Salty éclairs with pate
Ingredients for the dough (for 25 profiteroles)
200 ml of water
100 g of butter
120 g of flour
A pinch of salt
3 large slightly beaten eggs
110 g of finely chopped cheddar (or other cheese of your choice)
For the filling: 2 Compass pate cans
To make the éclairs:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C with a fan.
2. Put the water and oil in a large pot. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil and the butter is melted. Reduce the heat of the hot plate and add the flour and salt to the boiling water with oil all at once. Start stirring with a wooden spoon quickly until a smooth dough that gets separated from the walls of the pot.
3. Remove from the heat, set aside for 10 minutes, then add the eggs one at a time while stirring well with the wooden spoon after each one until you get a smooth and shiny dough. Add the cheese and mix.
4. Cover a shallow tray with baking paper.
5. Pour the éclair dough into a syringe with a large round tip. Shape medium-sized balls of equal size at a distance from one another.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until they get a crispy golden crust.
7. Allow to cool completely, then fill with Compass pate.